6/29/2009

RIP MJ

I took friday off from blogging. Not because I thought it was appropriate to take a day off to mourn Michael Jackson. Not because I was lazy. It was because I did not want to just blog just to blog about MJ. If I am going to blog about Michael Jackson I wanted it to be relevant to how he affected my life and my youth. WIth that, I wanted to include the top 10 things that I think about when I think about Michael. RIP. The music world, and the world in general, has lost one of the greatest ever.

10.) My bad cassette that I let my brother borrow when I was a kid. I never got it back and it haunted me for a long time. It was my favorite cassette ever.

9.) Catching the premiere of the black and white video and the ending where he smashes up the cars. they never played it with that part again

8.) Playing Thriller at bar mitzvahs and watching little white kids dance and know the dance routines

7.) Playing Jackson 5 at weddings and seeing the faces of the couples dance and sing along to I'll be there

6,) The first time I heard a DJ mix sexyback into Billie Jean. I promptly started incorporating that into my sets

5.) Recognizing Detective Torres from New York Undercover in the Beat It video and wondering how you go from being a back up dancer to actor

4.) Playing Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Sega Genesis and making sure the shooting star hit me so I turned into the robot. and all the impromptu dance scenes in the game

3.) Trying to figure out who was Diana in the Dirty Diana video. It was like a mystery to me

2.) Smooth Criminal. This will always be my favorite MJ video and song. For the longest I never even knew what he was saying but it didn't matter. I still sung along always. When we did that lean in our step show a few years back, I always thought of that.

1.) Randomly catching Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on MTV or VH1. It was a great movie. And you can tell how into Mike someone is if they have never even seen the movie. You're not a fan if you haven't. I'm Sorry.

No comments: