7/08/2009

MJ...The Savior

It's wednesday, so that means soundscan will come out today. Now MJ sold ridiculous numbers last week, and I am sure he will continue to top seller this week. Honestly, every record label will probably owe MJ for helping sales. Even if he isnt on every label. It's kind of hard not to go buy one cd and not pick up an extra. Or to go to iTunes and download one album and not just decide to get another. Personally, I think everyone will continue to celebrate MJ for quite sometime. While it will be bitter sweet to hear your favorite DJ spin Michael Jackson records when you go out, just think about all the joy and memories hearing those sets will bring back for you. As a DJ, I haven't played an MJ record since he passed. I've watched videos, listened to other DJ's tribute mixes, and watched every show most have. Yet, I know at my gig in a month, I will throw on some MJ and I can honestly say I might cry for the fact I am priviliged enough to channel the joy that Michael brings for people on the dance floor.

While I will not be doing a tribute mix for MJ, I did want to provide a link to one tribute I am impressed with from DJ Timbuk2 out of Chicago. Check him out.

DJ Timbuck2 MJ Tribute

No comments: