5/22/2009

I wanna be like....Yeezy?

So Drake's on his mini tour. He just wrapped up shows in DC, then Chicago, then he's in NY next week. I've watched clips from his shows (posted below) and I notice his stage presence is a little awkward, yet it reminiscent of someone but I couldn't quite put my finger on it (pause). After watching the Chicago performance I figured it out.....Kanye. Now watch the clips and notice Drakes right hand. It never really does anything. He never really switches hands for the mic. It looks like he expects his right hand to help him fly off stage. Then watch Yeezy and you'll notice he almost does the same thing. Is Kanye Drake's unofficial mentor? Or did he just watch a lot of Kanye performances? Either way, someone should tell Drake they shoot in Chicago. Fight breaks out you leave, f another song.

Drake Live at Love: Ransom & November 18th from pleasedontstare.com on Vimeo.







Peep Yeezy at 1:19....



sidebar....Drake is ending up on my blog way too much. I know dude is hot right now (pause) but I'm starting to feel like a Stan. And I like Nicki Minaj's verse on the remix more these days. sue me

No comments: