4/21/2009

All on his shoulders

New day, new hope. By now, the world has caught on onto Drizzy, aka Drake Rogers aka probably Lil Wayne's best artist. (If you havent that means 1 you dont read my blog because I posted his mixtape and 2 you are a lame. Sorry for ya. )Now I like the dude. I've talked to some folks and they say the only reason he's getting pumped up is because he's down with Weezy. Well, aint that how it starts? The LOX were down with Biggy. Beanie was down with Jay. And etc. Thats how you got to come up (pause). Anyway, some are putting alot on this kid. Now here's my question to the masses...his mixtapes are hits. His internet status is up. What happens if he drops an album and it flops? Do we revert to the "oh its the labels fault" or is he just another lost hope for the masses? Personally I would blame the label. The guy has done everything right to create a buzz. He's smart. He's marketable. And frankly, if you're in with Wayne right now you're doing well for yourself.

I open the floor to comments...if Drake flops, what happens? Who do we blame? And do we begin to doubt his credibility and skill?

Here goes my favorite Drake/Weezy track for your enjoyment