4/24/2009

The Great White Hope(s)

It's Friday and my last day of my hope series and today we go with 2 rappers who are very different and very similar, and will unfortunately continue to get alot of comparisons when they shouldn't...but whatever

In one corner we have the young and new white hope, ding ding ding....Asher Roth. In the other corner, one of the most underrated (my opinion) and top battlers and career enders of all time, Eminem

Asher Roth dropped his first official album this past week on 4-20. I personally haven't picked it up but I've heard a majority of the tracks and think it will be a solid album. He's getting out shined a little bit right now in the news because of Officer Ricky's album that dropped the day after but what can you do. The media likes big fat guys these days. Now Eminem has just released his video for the 2nd single from this Relapse album, entitled "We Made You". Typical Eminem video

Now personally, I can see the similarities in the two guys in terms of creative lines and punchlines, and to me thats where the similarities stop. Asher is still young and developing where Em is a vet in the game. Asher consistently uses funny metaphors and spits funny rhymes to keep his listeners entertained. And they're quality lines. Now Em on the other hand only does that so the label can get a song on the radio. Anyone thats every bought an Em album knows that his tracks are very emotional and personal and to me thats what always stood out. Unfortunately what will happen is this young generation of souljaboytellem loving fans (the same ones who barely know who Jadakiss is) will probably try to crown Asher over Em. Thats going to be a bad move for Asher as Em will be forced to reclaim his whiteboy crown. How it all plays out we will see. In the meantime I posted Em's newest leaked track, 3.A.M. and Asher Roths latest track, Lark On My Go Kart (which makes me question where is Lark Voorhies these days).

Enjoy



No comments: